Business Development Officer
NW Preferred Federal Credit Union We’re looking for a business development officer in the Portland area to join our team. The primary responsibility of this position is to develop and maintain relationships with target members and organizations.
- Contact and visit prospective members and organizations within our field of membership. Communications include: telephone, site visits, letters, emails, presentations, tradeshows and direct mail follow-up.
- Meet production/sales goals as may be required from time to time
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of Credit Union products and services, special programs and applicable policies and procedures.
- Coordinates with marketing department to develop new products and service proposals that meet the needs of our target audience.
- Open new credit union memberships and cross sell additional products and services.
- Help gather necessary documents and submit loan applications on members’ behalf.
- Act as the primary credit union participant at tradeshows and other industry events throughout the year. Ensures the Credit Union presents a consistent image to members and the general public.
- Maintain a work schedule that is flexible in meeting the needs of those visited (i.e., early morning, lunch hour or evening meetings).
- Makes effective use of funds budgeted for traveling and entertainment.
- Manage inventory of SWAG, other advertising specialties and supplies.
- Develop and give presentations to current and prospective members and management.
- BA/BS Degree in Business and/or two to four years work experience in direct sales or customer service.
- Working knowledge of computer applications, specifically MS office.
- Ability to speak with confidence in meetings and presentations.
- Must present a professional, business-like manner and appearance.
- Ability to travel local and nationwide on a regular basis including; maintaining a valid driver’s license, good driving record, and reliable transportation for travel.
- Ability to conduct needs assessments, identify problems, develop solutions, and take appropriate course of action.
- A driven and can-do attitude. A self-starter, able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50lbs on occasion.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and walk on occasion.
- 11 paid holidays + 1 paid personal day
- 3 weeks paid time off (PTO)
- Health benefits include: medical, dental, vision, chiropractic, massage and alternative
- Professional-casual dress attire
- Yearly bonus incentive
- $3,000 per year towards continuing education
Equal Opportunity Employer