The Systems Administrator is responsible for installation, configuration, operation and maintenance of physical and virtual servers and their associated programs. Manages system backups and recovery; monitors system configurations and troubleshoots networking and system issues. Assists the Manager of Information Technology in managing the network, communications, core processing system and other technical activities. Provides assistance to employees with help desk issues.
- 11 paid holidays + 1 paid personal day
- 3 weeks paid time off (PTO)
- Health benefits include: medical, dental, vision, chiropractic, massage and alternative
- Professional-casual dress attire
- Yearly bonus incentive
- $3,000 per year towards continuing education
1. Bachelor’s degree preferred or Associate’s degree with technical certifications.
2. Five or more years’ experience in a Windows network environment with three years directly supporting Windows servers.
3. Experience and knowledge supporting or maintaining the following:
a. VMWare – version 7.0 or higher
b. Windows Server 2016 (or newer) Operating Systems, including Windows Active Directory and Group Policy
c. AIX Unix and/or various Linux distributions familiarity desired
d. Mitel VoIP telephony experience desired
e. Network services, including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
f. Ivanti Endpoint Management Suite & Security Suite or comparable network management programs desired
4. General knowledge of network security including anti-virus/anti-malware, firewalls, internet content filtering and authentication systems.
5. Good oral and written communications skills; courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job in dealing with others inside and outside the organization.
6. Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint); Visio experience desired.
7. Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
1. Installs, supports, and maintains server software, server operating systems and virtualization systems. This includes database management and other software applications. Troubleshoots and resolves issues related to server hardware or software failures. Coordinates and communicates with impacted users.
2. Manages the Storage Area Network (SAN) providing data storage to the virtualized environment.
3. Develops and maintains various related systems such as VoIP telecommunications, camera surveillance, alarm systems, hardware and software.
4. Ensures proper operation of and access to print services, file services, communications services, electronic mail services, internet access and other services, systems or networks required by the Credit Union staff. Ensures security of data while balancing the needs of the end user and protecting against internal and external threats.
5. Maintains proper documentation related to hardware, software, installations, configurations, change management, licensing, troubleshooting and updates. Uses appropriate software products to keep network diagrams and IT asset inventory up to date. Assists in the development and updates of the IT Procedures Manual.
6. Uses various software products to monitor all systems for viruses, malware and other security issues; remediates any infections or problems.
7. Uses established methods and practices to ensure system backups are completed as required. Tests restoration processes routinely. Administers file restorations when necessary.
8. Uses established data retention policies and procedures to appropriately purge data files and perform appropriate file system and disk maintenance to ensure efficient operation of information systems.
9. Assists with the development of an appropriate disaster recovery plan and annual testing. Provides recovery support in the event of a disaster.
10. Installs, supports, and maintains various network hardware including cabling, switches, routers, firewalls and other devices to provide secure, reliable network access and performance.
11. Actively engages in various Credit Union and IT projects to ensure successful achievement of Credit Union initiatives. Lead and manage various IT projects, working with internal users and external vendors to accomplish project goals.
12. Serves as a backup in managing the core processing system. Creates custom reports and queries to support the needs of the Credit Union.
13. When necessary provides backup or stand in for the Technical Support Specialist. This includes help desk support to end users and their computers and programs, telephone systems, printers and other systems.
14. Stays informed on current technology, trends and best practices related to IT. Continually seeks business process and system improvements that leverage our resources to provide more efficient and effective use of information systems while maintaining appropriate security of the network.
15. Performs other job related duties as assigned by the Manager of Information Technology or the Vice President of Technology.
Equal Opportunity Employer